sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016

Unimportant things

What I've been trying to do is not giving attention to the unimportant things.
And by "unimportant", I mean unimportant to me.
And by "me", I mean my soul.
I'm trying to respect my soul.
That's what I was talking about with my good friend Meri the other day.
She was telling me that she believes that souls sometimes are older than bodies, but still, sometimes our bodies don't respect our souls.
Sometimes we put our souls in situations they don't wanna be.
For example, during our whole lives, we try to fit in.
We try to fit in clothes only people from magazines can fit in (maybe our bodies would fit in, but not our souls, they're too enormous for this mediocre pattern created to be sold).
We try to fit our lives in the hours of a day that is not enough for us to do everything our souls want to do. Plus, we have to balance with the hours our bodies are obligated to do stuff, like eating and sleeping... our bodies are not free like our souls. And we also have to respect that.
We try to fit in groups our souls don't belong to. 
We make our mouths laugh at jokes our souls are not even tickled by. 
We try to make our hearts love things, just because everybody loves, even if our souls are not satisfied and wants to love what they really love.
And at times, what we, souls, want the most is to cry, but our bodies, day by day looking more like robot's, refuse to cry, because they're trained from a very young age not to cry: 1- if it's gonna be embarrassing; 2- if it's not solving problems; 3- if it's just for the good of the soul, and not for the good of the body, as our naive brains tend to think the concept of "good".
Then Meri said something that gave me goosebumps, from head to toes, from heart to soul.
She said: "Sometimes we're in a place full of people, and our bodies are uncomfortable, and because of that, it remains silent, tries to go unnoticed, but our souls? OUR SOULS ARE SCREAMING! But sometimes we don't listen to our souls, no, not sometimes, most of the times."
But what I've been trying to do is giving more attention to the unimportant things.
By "unimportant", I mean unimportant to them.
And by "unimportant to them", I mean I don't care about them if t's important to me.
"Me" still refers to my soul.
I'll always be thankful to people like Meri, who hears, sees, talks and loves with soul.
My soul is happy to have met you.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário