quinta-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2016

Your smile is not helping at all

You have the sweetest smile I've ever seen.
But in a couple of weeks it won't make any difference, will it?
I don't dare to get even one step closer.
I know when things have expiration date.
I've bumped into many like these before.
What should I do?
I'm trying to keep distance, but you smile at me and I don't know how not to smile back.
And I know you use this smile of yours as an invitation.
By smiling back I'm saying: "keep calling, soon I'll be there".
But I don't want to be there.
Not if you're not staying there too.
I promised a thousand times I'll stop collecting memories.
That night I saw myself in your eyes, I was singing for another memory of mine.
But the moment you smiled at me I played the wrong chord.
And now, even though the initial plan was to sing it for my old memory, the image of your breathtaking smile is all I see whenever I sing that brokenhearted song.
And I know you're not healing me. You're not.
In a couple of weeks you're gonna be the reason why I'm singing this song again.
All I've been doing is scarring myself, each time with a bigger scar than the one I had before.
And after I realized it, I've decided it's time to stop.
But you're not helping at all...
And you're only smiling.
I don't wanna think about the damage you could cause if only I was braver.
I'm a coward.
And your smile seems to encourage me.
But this time I don't wanna be encouraged.
Your smile is not helping at all.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário