domingo, 10 de julho de 2016

When people ask me if I'm okay, I justify my "I'm not okay" face with a  dragged "I'm tired" excuse.
"I'm tired, too tired to pretend I'm okay", would be the full sentence. But I'm too tired, not only to complete my sentences, but also to explain them.
Every word I say seems to be crawling out of me.
Even written words. They don't come out easily.
I force them out, in hopes they are just like slow walkers walking out of trains.
I hope they are just blocking the way, and once they are out, the others will be free to come out too.
But what if there's no such thing as others.
What if the words don't want to come out because there aren't enough words to come out without leaving the train empty? What if the few that came out were the only ones I had left.
And what would be a train without passengers?
It will always has its hopes the next stop new passengers will come in.
But is there a bigger purpose for a train than to transport as many passengers as it can from a place to another?
Walking around with no passengers, on the other hand, would be unreasonable.
And I can't discard the possibility that maybe this train transports unanimated things.
If so, they won't come out until it gets to its destiny, where there are people waiting to get them outside the train and we have to work with the possibility that there are no people waiting for them at all.
So I have some options: I can keep on track, hoping it's just slow walkers blocking the exits of this train. Or hoping in the next stop new passenger will come, if it's empty. Or hoping I'm carrying unanimated things, but important to those who are waiting for them. Therefore, hoping there are people waiting for them.
Or I can stop the train. Leave the conductor cabin for a little. Check the cars. The passengers. Unanimated or not. If there's none. Keep conducting the train until the next stop. Repeat the process at every stop. Hope for the best. Whatever "the best" means.

But this is overhope.
This train carries too much hope.
But "this" is me.
I am not a train.
My words are not passengers nor unanimated things.
So if you don't want to listen about trains and passengers and unanimated things, you should not ask "What's on your mind?" to people whose's minds sanity you're not very sure about, facebook!
I hope I made my point.









Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário